Day 2 of the Epic Canadian Vacation of Awesomeness began in Glacier National Park. It was my first time visiting Glacier and I am a fan. The ECV of A was a whirlwind so we weren't able to spend as much time there as we could have. It's some place I would definitely visit again. We meandered our way through Glacier National Park over the border into Waterton where we camped for the night. Here's the day in pictures:
We had to stick our feet in Lake McDonald. It was chilly, but the day was warm so it felt nice. I fell in love with the different colors of rocks and we skipped (in Hannah's case) or tried to skip (in my case) a few. Here you can see the toe polish color (Japanese Rose Garden) for the ECV of A in all its glory!
I think everybody should go on a vacation with Hannah because she is so much fun! Stopping at the gift shops to try on the hats is a must! The photo is blurry, but it was too good not to include.
I'm not sure what the name of this little waterfall was, but I'm in love with that turquoise blue that comes from the glacial silt. It is beautiful.
Yes, I know those are just some random cows on the side of the road. Nothing special. Except that there is a funny story. Hannah graciously did the driving because it was my first time in Glacier and I didn't want to miss anything. There are signs all over reminding tourists that you are in bear country and to be watchful and careful. At the gift shop at Lake McDonald Lodge where we stopped for lunch, there was a lady who was telling us that she had seen some bears and they had been just standing on the side of the road in St. Mary Lake area. I was trying to be a good tourist and copilot and keeping an eye out for wildlife. I saw some big, black animal walking on the side of the road. I said, "Oh my gosh! Hannah! There is a bear!" We got up a little closer only to find out it was a cow. I never did see any bears in Glacier, Waterton, or Banff. But I did see plenty of cows! From that point on, cows were known as bears.
This was the first time I got to use my passport. I thought about asking the border patrol guy for a picture, but thought he might change his mind about letting this crazy American into Canada so I contained my excitement and chose the welcome sign a little past the border station to document the occasion.
Hannah had a totally different reason to be excited about crossing into Canada . . . she was coming home!
The name of this flower is Monkshood - like monk's hood. But Hannah almost had me convinced that you said it monk-shood. Almost.
I told Hannah we could camp at Waterton as long as we weren't setting up camp in the dark or in the rain. Done and done!
We meandered our way along the walkway by the lake into town for dessert. This guy was just hanging out under the deck of that house. The home owner was working on a project outside and he wasn't fazed a bit by the people.











2 comments:
Love the wildlife just cruising through the town! Looks like so much fun!
What a great day... more beautiful scenery and some good foods too! Not a bad way to spend your vacay! Your weather looked perfecto!
Post a Comment