Monday, November 14, 2011

Life stinks, get Scentsy!

Julie and Sadie, stolen with permission from Facebook.

Sometimes life just really stinks, you know? There have been some pretty rotten things happening at my work recently and I want to try to make life smell a little sweeter. I generally don't talk about my work on my blog. That is partially due to a confidentiality agreement and if I told you, I'd have to kill you. Not really, but medical information is privileged stuff and it's safer for me, my employer, and patients whose records I come across if I just don't talk about it. I'm going to break that rule a bit with this post, but for a very good reason.

I work in the medical records industry and have been working in it for the past 13 years. During the past few years, I have noticed some major changes in the industry as a whole and at my work in particular. Speech recognition technology is better than ever before and hospitals are looking to cut costs wherever possible and have been sending work overseas, primarily to India. I have some strong feelings on the subject, but that's not the purpose of this post.

At my work, we recently lost a fairly large amount of work. As a result, my boss had to make some heart wrenching decisions and several of my coworkers had to be laid off. One coworker in particular who lost her job has been on my mind. Her name is Julie and she is a single mom to a sweet little girl with Down's syndrome named Sadie. I want to see all of my former coworkers land on their feet and I offered to do whatever I could to help them. Here's where I'm asking for your help.

Julie recently became a consultant for Scentsy. I am going out of my comfort zone and throwing a "party." I like Scentsy products and have a warmer (thanks Larren and Amberly!) that I got for Christmas a few years ago. I think they are quality products AND this "party" will give me an opportunity to feel like I could actually do something to help Julie. If you are familiar with Scentsy products and interested in purchasing, please log in to Julie's page and buy from my party by clicking here. If you live locally and want to smell some of the scents, I have the testers so contact me and I will meet up with you to let you see (and smell) what's available. There are several products that are very reasonably priced and would make great Christmas gifts. Thanks in advance for helping me to help Julie and Sadie. I'll be throwing my party for the next 2 weeks so the last day to order will be November 28.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I'm still planning on ordering!! Stupid things getting in the way of sitting down. Making it a note to do it tomorrow!