Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tags


So I got tagged on Facebook and for posterity's sake, I thought I'd put my tags here for my friend (*cough*Amanda*cough*) who reads my blog and is not on Facebook. If anybody reads this and wants to be tagged, it's kind of amusing.


25 Random Things
  1. I've been on Facebook for over a year and blogging for nearly a year and this is the first time I've been tagged and got tagged twice!

  2. I love to sing, but only in the car by myself and yes, I do get weird looks.

  3. I've been radioactive before, but I didn't glow. Sorry folks.

  4. When logistic regression is mentioned, I know what people are talking about.

  5. I kick butt at Dr. Mario.

  6. Strawberry crepes make me happy.

  7. My usual "random fact" is that I was born on my parents first anniversary. Yup. I'm pretty much the best present they ever came up with.

  8. Going to Hawaii was my first time ever off the continental US.

  9. I cannot stand seafood except clam chowder that my mom and grandma make and the occasional tuna fish sandwich/salad.

  10. I can type obscenely fast. I mean obscene.

  11. I like using big words. My latest favorite is "constitutional." I needed a break at work and told everybody I was taking a constitutional.

  12. I still have the words to La Marseillaise (the French national anthem) memorized from 8th grade French.

  13. At one point in life, I was a budding artist. A picture I drew in first grade went to state competition.

  14. I had a tumor on my back named Myrtle.

  15. I have a stitch in my palm from carpal tunnel surgery that never came out.

  16. I always have my toenails painted.

  17. I'm not an animal person. At all.

  18. I'm terrified of snakes.

  19. My two favorite TV shows are Lost and 24. I can only watch 24 on DVD, though. I keep up with Lost on a weekly basis.

  20. Tommy Boy is my feel-good movie. It always makes me laugh. Fat man in a little coat. Enough said.

  21. When it was chocolate milk day in elementary school, I lied and told the cooks I was allergic to chocolate because I didn't like it. I like it now, though.

  22. My car's name is Diva.

  23. I accused my grandpa of being sexist when I was 8 years old because my boy cousins got pocket knives when starting Cub Scouts. He humored me and bought me one too, my own dainty little pocket knife.

  24. I only had two wisdom teeth instead of all four.

  25. I am a grammar/spelling snob.

Random iPod Shuffle Tag, a.k.a., "Simon"

(I felt the need to add commentary. Don't ask me why because I don't know.)

  1. IF SOMEONE SAYS 'ARE YOU OKAY' YOU SAY? Seven Years - Norah Jones (Meaning it will take me 7 years to be okay? I don't know how I feel about that.)

  2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF? My, My, My - Rob Thomas (I do say that about myself . . . my, my, my . . . generally followed by what were you thinking?!)

  3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? I Remember Yesterday - Colors (So I dig nostalgic guys? Maybe.)

  4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Grace - U2 (I never feel graceful, but I feel grace. Odd how that works.)

  5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE? You Don't Know Me - Harry Connick, Jr. (So my life's purpose is to be mysterious? Check and check.)

  6. WHAT'S YOUR MOTTO? Goodbye Alice in Wonderland - Jewel (This one is kinda accurate. Get rid of the stuff you don't need or that holds you back, emotionally and physically.)

  7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? Bad - U2 (We're not friends anymore!)

  8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Hangin' Around - Counting Crows (Okay, I do live close to home, but they love it!)

  9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Back Porch - Sister Hazel (I would love to have my own back porch someday . . . it is a daydream I think about often.)

  10. WHAT IS 2 + 2? Burning Love - Elvis Presley (The King never lies.)

  11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Cling and Clatter - Lifehouse (I do have some loud friends . . . )

  12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? She's Got a Way - Billy Joel (See #5. Be mysterious.)

  13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Home to Stay - Josh Groban (Well, I am a homebody.)

  14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Perfect - Simple Plan (I'm all about perfection since I'm so perfect. Ha!)

  15. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? The Remedy - Jason Mraz (Good song. I'm down with it if the groom is. Where is the groom anyway?)

  16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Who's Got My Back - Creed (If they're playing this at my funeral, someone obviously didn't have my back.)

  17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Mayberry - Rascal Flatts (Small-town voyeurism. Yup.)

  18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR? Bad Moon Rising - CCR (Eerily accurate, this one.)

  19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? This is How it Goes - Missy Higgins (Not exactly a secret anymore.)

  20. WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW? Your Love - Jim Brickman (Isn't that what everybody wants?)

  21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Why Don't You & I - Santana (I have been known to have some weird ideas on occasion.)

  22. WHAT WILL YOUR CHILD'S FIRST WORDS BE? One Fine Wire - Colbie Caillat (I know, I will have intelligent children because that's just plain profound.)

  23. WHAT DO YOU SAY WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR? No Other Way - Jack Johnson (Usually it's just no way, as in no way should I be leaving the house looking like this. Oh well.)

  24. WHAT DID YOU SAY IN YOUR SLEEP LAST NIGHT? Come Dance With Me - Frank Sinatra (I sure don't remember any dancing, but this thing has to be accurate.)

  25. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS? Simon - Lifehouse

1 comment:

Miss Amanda said...

Rachel, thanks for thinking of me!!! I appreciate the thought, and yes, I probably will never get a Facebook account...too chicken! I never wanted to start a blog either.

P.S. I love your tag...great answers! The I-Pod one is funny!!!