I stumbled on this little nugget from Youtube. It's about 15 minutes long so if you want to watch it, plan on it being that long! It got me thinking about validation and what a difference kind words and compliments can make in an individual's life. I've found myself caught up in a whirlwind of negativity lately. When I get annoyed and irritated, my tendency is to vent to others about it, but I'm finding that venting just forces me to dwell on the negativity rather than focus on what is good and positive in a person or a situation. Mountains get made out of mole hills. It took a particularly hurtful experience to force me to realize this. I guess I like to learn the hard way sometimes! I'm renewing my efforts to be more liberal with compliments and take the advice my mom gave me so long ago . . . if you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all.
1 comment:
Rachel, I have been feeling this same way. I look back and think about that saying alot where if you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything at all. It is so true, and sad that we all say negative things!
Post a Comment