Secondhand Serenade
My friend Lynette and I went to see Secondhand Serenade in concert in November. What a fun show! I loved 2 of the 3 opening acts. I was super impressed with Allred. Thanks to Youtube and modern technology, I was able to find a video of him playing my favorite song of the night. I love me some U2 and this was just really cool to see live. What amazing talent and technology. Here's the video:
The other band who opened was We Shot the Moon. I would like to listen to more of their stuff. They were fun. Very interesting to watch. I was puzzled and dismayed that all the artists were wearing skinny jeans. I guess it helped them sing better. I just don't find them at all attractive. Secondhand Serenade was a lot of fun to hear, too. There's something that's so much fun about live music where everybody is moving around and singing with the songs and the bass is so loud you can feel it in your chest. I give this concert 2 thumbs up.
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving was in Smithfield this year with the fam. Larren and Amberly came up and brought my cousin Mandy (going to BYU) with them. My cousin Steve came and the neighbors, Larry and Peggy. We ate lots of food, played games, and watched Pink Panther 2 which is a pretty funny movie. I think you need to be in the right mood to watch it and think everything is funny. I personally think Steve Martin is hysterical. You may not agree with me, but I give the movie 2 thumbs up.
Pickleville - Once Upon a Christmas: A North Pole Musical
Pickleville came to Logan and since we had so much fun going to Pickleville this summer, we thought we should give the Christmas musical they do in Logan a try. It was a lot of fun. Totally corny, but the food was good, the company was fantastic, and the musical made me laugh. TJ Davis (the writer and Buddy the Elf in the musical) sure has a sense of humor. He's the genius behind El Bandito. I think Pickleville will have to become an annual tradition, and possibly even semiannual. There were 5 of us and we got our picture taken with Santa, but it's on Lark's camera. I'll post it when I get a copy from her.
I'm really looking forward to Christmas and being able to spend some time with my family. With the snow on the ground and Christmas music on the radio, I'm starting to get into the spirit of it a little bit more. I hope the Christmas spirit is finding it's way into your heart as well! Happy holidays.
3 comments:
Sound like you get to do some pretty fun and interesting things. I am excited to be moving closer and hopefully will get to see you guys more often. Merry Christmas!
pretty busy! I love hearing about new bands! Thanks for sharing.
Oh look! You have three people who care! ;) Sounds like you've had some fun times! Hope you have a very merry Christmas! :D
Post a Comment