Monday, February 8, 2010

Utah State! Hey! Aggies all the way!

I have been enjoying a lot of Aggie basketball this season. It's so sad that I could attend games for free as a student, but never had the time. Now that I'm not a student and have the time, they're not free! Thanks to Daddy Warbucks who helps out with running the clocks, I have access to the occasional free ticket.

Utah State basketball games are amazing. The games are usually entertaining, but it's all about the fans. Aggie fans are one of a kind. Their #1 objective is to make coming to the play in the Spectrum the worst possible experience for the opponent. And boy do they ever!

Imagine trying to make a foul shot while looking at this (There are several permutations on this theme. I've seen a hula dancer in a coconut bra and a cupid in addition to the captain shown here):


Imagine fouling out of the game and several hundred people calling out, "Right! Left! Right! Left!" in unison with your steps as you take the walk of shame off the floor.

Imagine having salt rubbed in your wound with those same hundreds of fans chanting that they're "up by 20" which frequently happens because USU has a good team.

Finally, imagine hundreds of USU students and other fans decked out in Aggie blue pointing at the scoreboard and yelling in unison . . . Actually, don't imagine it. Watch this clip. It is the best 41 seconds you could spend today. It is priceless. The fact that the ESPN commentators were speechless for about 21 seconds speaks to that fact. Trust me. It is 10 times louder and more funny in person.

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

I'm from Sacramento, and the place where the Kings play is TOTALLY known for that. I know what it's like!