Monday, June 6, 2011

Thumbs up for rock and roll!

Ever since my sinus surgery, I have felt completely unmotivated. I do feel a lot better now than I did before surgery and I think I'm getting my swagger back. I feel a lot more encouraged about making some positive changes in my life and have been ruminating over plans to make those changes come about. I've been inspired by my friend Whitney's bucket list challenge. She challenged her readers to choose one big item and one small item from the ol' bucket list and take a tip from Nike and "Just Do It."

I have had my bucket list on my blog since its inception. I add things to it here and there, but haven't done much in the checking off department. That changes here and now! I will be taking a Mustang out for a test drive as soon as there is a nice day and I will definitely take pictures and report on the experience. My large bucket list item is to lose a substantial amount of weight before our family cruise sailing on January 28, 2012. I will detail more about that on my other blog (it's private so if you want to read, let me know and I'll add you). The cruise is also on my bucket list so look at me gaining momentum!

I saw this video on Friday and it has since gone viral. If you haven't seen it yet, take a minute and watch it. I promise it will help you find your motivation to move on to conquering the next thing on your bucket list. Remember your triumphs and "feel happy of yourself." Finally, thumbs up for rock and roll!



2 comments:

Whitney said...

Go, Rachel, Go! You got these things by the toe, I tell you what! Loved that video... what a cute lil pumpkin pie! He might grow up to be a motivational speaker!

Hannah said...

Ahahahahaha, that kid is so funny! Thanks for the laugh and good luck on that bucket list. Hey, maybe we should do the mustang test drive thing while on our trip to Banff??