Sunday, July 20, 2008

Idaho? No, U-da-ho!

I went to Island Park, Idaho last weekend with a few good friends (Kate Borg and Lisa Murri and this girl named Jessie). Lisa's grandfather built a cabin in Island Park and the family has sold it. We went for a quick weekend farewell trip for Lisa to pick up some items belonging to her family and just to spend time being with friends. We visited on Friday night with Grandma Hanson and then Saturday morning, we made the trek north. We stopped in Rexburg to see the temple (which is GORGEOUS). A trip to Rexburg wouldn't be complete without stopping at Broulim's. On a whim, I purchased a pack of bubble gum at Broulim's. Little did I realize what entertainment value that small purchase would provide! We ate lunch at Big Jud's. Imagine the biggest hamburger you've ever seen in your life . . . so big you have to slice it up like a pizza to share. We didn't get those, but still! We drove through Mesa Falls which was stunning. I ♥ waterfalls! The mosquitos were like small, prehistoric birds and EVERYWHERE. I hope I didn't get West Nile. We went to the cabin and hung out for a little while and then we went to Big Springs and saw the biggest trout I've ever seen. We bought some fish food and this guy was such a pig, that none of the other fish got any. The seagulls were irritating. That pack of gum came in handy, though, because Jessie and I learned that seagulls will eat strawberry Bubble Yum. The trip was short, but it was fun!



The Rexburg Temple



I win!



She tried . . . really hard!



What goes up, must come down.


Lower Mesa Falls


Upper Mesa Falls



The piggiest trout you've ever seen!

1 comment:

Miss Amanda said...

Wow Rachel! You should be in the genious book of world records for your bubble gum blowing contest! Love it!