Thursday, October 2, 2008
100 Skills Every Man Should Know
I saw a story on the news about an article recently published in Popular Mechanics about 100 skills every man should have. To see the list, click here. I thought it was kind of interesting. The fact that such a list exists in and of itself is interesting. Is this some new standard for men to live up to? I will be the first to admit that I have no clue what it means to "sweat copper tubing" or what a "coolant hydrometer" is and how one would go about using it properly. I do think it's funny that use a sewing machine and change a diaper made the list since those are typically considered things women should know how to do.
I think some of the items on the list are very useful (grow food, find potable water, build a fire) and some are just plain dumb. I find it interesting that a man should know how to survive lightning, floods, tornadoes, etc. Umm, don't you just avoid them?
I would be interested to see if there's a list of 100 things every woman should know how to do and how much overlap there would be. Bottom line . . . I think we should always be learning new things and acquiring new skills as much as possible, both men and women. However, if a man doesn't know how to drop and give the perfect push up, skipper a boat, or run rapids in a canoe, he's no less of a man in my book, although I won't lie . . . the thought of my guy being able to do a perfect pushup is attractive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment