Monday, October 20, 2008

My Two Cents on the Election





No, I'm not talking about the presidential election. I'm still very much undecided on that front and living in the "reddest" state of the nation, I think it is safe to assume Utah will go to McCain. I always feel like the presidential election is choosing between the lesser of two evils. This one is no different.

That being said, I do have an opinion on another election! My fellow Utahns, did you even know that Governor Huntsman is up for reelection? I haven't noticed much campaigning from Huntsman's camp. I have a feeling they don't feel the opposition is much of a threat. Ladies and gentleman, Superdell could be your governor. Yes, Superdell of Totally Awesome Computers infamy. Better yet, Superdell of "reckless driving, brandishing firearms charge, and filing of false police report conviction" infamy. He plead no contest to public nuisance charges for "inappropriate" use of a paraglider. (I found the references for these on Wikipedia.) Ladies and gentlemen, this individual could be your governor! Why isn't Huntsman shaking in his boots at his opponent whose campaign slogan is "All of the other candidates suck?" It must come down to finances. Superdell has had a total of $11 in campaign contributions on his website (perhaps his mom and dad?).

I think I know who will not gets my vote for governor and it's because he's "totally" nuts. For a chuckle, check out his campaign website here.

One of my favorite tidbits:

"We have an unlimited supply of oil right here in Utah. I woke up at 3am and felt God tell me the reason we are not receiving the blessings of nearly free energy is because of the horrible abominations like abortion . . . One of the huge reasons I am the best candidate is because not only am I in tune enough to receive input from God but I'm not ashamed to mention where that wisdom comes from. I am nothing by myself. But with inspiration from God I am the smarted person on earth 100 times over. The only thing I fear is unrighteousnes because sin will drastically reduce your ability to clearly receive inspiration." -Superdell (his spelling)

1 comment:

Lisa D. said...

I guess if he is elected our State Moto will become "Totally Awesome" ;)