
When I was a youngun', I wanted to learn how to play the piano so badly. Whenever I was at anybody's house with a piano, I would play the only songs I knew (Heart and Soul and Chopsticks) relentlessly. When I turned 9, my parents got a piano and I was able to start taking piano lessons. I'm no prodigy, but I enjoy playing and listening. I know enough about piano to appreciate greatness and the Five Browns are great. I had the opportunity to attend a concert with them last week.
I was somewhat surprised that they would be performing so soon after their father plead guilty to sexually abusing his daughters.
At the beginning of the show, the oldest brother (Gregory), thanked their fans for the outpouring of love and support which allowed them to start moving on from the ordeal and to continue performing. The concert was amazing. It is easy to see the passion these siblings have for music and the love they have for each other. I got goosebumps during the second encore when Gregory played and sang "Fix You" by Coldplay. He said that he didn't normally enjoy singing publicly, but felt the song was applicable to their situation. Toward the end of the song, the other siblings came out and sang with him in some pretty harmonies with their arms around one another.
I really admire these siblings for their grace, dignity, class, and solidarity in addition to their incredible talent.
"Fix You"
by Coldplay
When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I . . .
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I . . .
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
__________________________________________________
I started a new blog to document my efforts to lose weight and improve my health. It is private at this point so let me know if you'd like to read it and I will send you an invite.
1 comment:
Rachel, I would like to follow your weight loss journey! Hope it is going well.
Post a Comment