Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Epic Caribbean Vacation of Awesomeness, Part 6

This is the last installment in the vacation recap!  Our last stop was Nassau, Bahamas.  Jessie and I decided to go parasailing.  Mom and dad went on a glass-bottomed boat.  Craig terrorized Nassau on his own.  Larren and Amberly played with sea lions.  I think we all enjoyed the excursions at this last stop!

Pulling into Nassau
That is Atlantis in the distance and the newest Disney Cruise ship, the Dream.
A better shot of the Dream and our ship's pool deck.
So the Dream has a waterslide that goes out over the ocean. That would give me a heart attack!
The man in white on the left side of the picture was our ship's captain.  This is where we were meeting up to go on our excursion.
Jessie and I almost didn't get to parasail!  It was extremely windy that day.  We were very lucky that we chose the earlier excursion because we wouldn't have been able to go otherwise.  Because it was windy, we had to go up in groups of 3 instead of groups of 2.  Jessie and I went up with a very nice man from Buffalo, New York.  Our boat was called the Chute Faced and that was a little bit alarming, but we went with it!  I took my waterproof camera up with us and gave my regular camera to some of our shipmates to get other pictures of us while we were up there.  The views were incredible and the pictures do not do it justice.  It was very windy, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Jessie rocking the life vest on our way to the parasailing site.
An attempt at a self-portrait with the waterproof camera.
The Chute Faced!  You can get some idea of how high up we were since the waterproof camera had no zoom feature.
Nassau from the air
This is us getting ready to take off.  I'm in the middle, Jessie on the right, and our friend from Buffalo on the left.
We got dipped in the water!
Flying high!
I slipped down a little bit in my harness thing, but I like that in this picture, it looks like I'm ducking down so Jessie can talk to our Buffalo friend.

After parasailing, we went back to the ship to clean up and go shopping. Like all the other ports, there was souvenir shopping very close to where the ships were docked.

This guy was selling the star fish and conch shells that he had caught that day. That is our ship in the background.
Sunset in the Bahamas


 That night, we went to the magic/comedy show again because we enjoyed it so much the first night.  It was just as funny the second time.  We played games and just tried to savor the last moments of vacation.  We had to have our bags packed and placed outside of our stateroom by midnight.  We were in port by 8 a.m. ready to disembark!  Craig, Jessie, mom, dad, and I had the same flight back to Utah.  Our flight didn't leave until 6 p.m.  The ship offered a tour of Miami that would drop you off at the airport.  We thought this was a great way to kill some time and actually see a little of Miami.  These pictures were taken from the back of the tour bus.

This is the Park Central Hotel and that car is always parked there with a statue of Humphrey Bogart in it.  The two phrases that you hear all the time in Miami are "art deco" and "Gloria Estefan" because she owns most of it!
South Beach
This is the Biltmore Hotel. Not too shabby!
This vacation was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and it was so wonderful to be able to spend time with my family.  I think we all had a great time.

No comments: