Happy New Year! I must say that 2008 was a wonderful year. Pretty much anything could beat 2007! In the past year, I officially got my master's diploma, had a wonderful trip to Hawaii, went to some fun concerts with great friends, and spent some quality time with my family. It was strange not having school commitments this year, but it was also a relief. I made it through 2008 without having to have surgery which was a big bonus.
I've been thinking about resolutions and the times in my life when I have successfully achieved goals. I think it's critical to 1) be realistic, 2) break it down and start small, and 3) develop it into a habit. I also think a definite timeline is helpful. I think this year I will do my resolutions in 1-month intervals and we will see how it goes.
One resolution I have is to be better at keeping a journal. I have gone in spurts at journal-keeping, but I feel that it's important. It's been a useful tool for me to process things and feelings, record significant events, and remember things I want to remember. I seem to have a hard time pulling out my journal and actually writing in it so this year, I found something I'm going to try and I'm pretty excited about it. It's called LDS Journal and you can visit their website here. I like it because it's free, secure, and I can type much faster than I can hand write. I am sure I will still write in my journal on occasion. Whenever I go on vacation, I like to write about the things I see and do and honestly, it's a great way to kill time on the flight home!
Like everybody else, I am hoping to take better care of the ol' body and improve my health. I stumbled on this little Youtube treasure the other day. Laughter is exercise, right? Hope you enjoy.
2 comments:
i think i told you this already, but you can also turn your blog into a book-so now that you have journaling down with the website...you can have scrapbooking! Yea!
Your video clip was hilarious! I love your sense of humour. I made a blog too, you are welcome to check it out. Although it's not as pretty and refined as yours is. Hope you're doing well Rachel.
Post a Comment