Saturday, August 23, 2008

"And my name is Jack"

I suppose I feel like summer has ended because I'm starting to feel a bit of a welcome chill in the air and am watching everybody stressing about going back to school. I'm not stressing about going back to school which is a blissful, yet foreign sensation. Maybe summer isn't quite over for me yet. I'll have to see what other excitement I can squeeze out of it.

That being said, I had the incredible opportunity to spend an evening with some lovely ladies at the Jack Johnson concert at the Usana amphitheater. It is so great to have good friends and listen to good music at a lovely outdoor venue such as Usana. The beer flowed freely around us and there was always the fear that we were going to get a beer bath, but it was fun to watch some people's inhibitions completely leave them! We decided that Mormons don't need beer to lose inhibitions. ☺

The concert opened with Neil Halsted, a British dude. I thought his stuff sounded a little Beatles-like, but that was probably because he was British and the way some of the harmonies in his music were. He was good. Rogue Wave performed after Neil and they were a lot of fun! I hadn't heard them before, but I will say I'm a fan. I guess I enjoy chill surfer music which is what makes me the perfect Jack Johnson fan.

After much anticipation, the man of the hour came out. When introducing his band, he named them off and ended by saying "And my name is Jack." I think he's a pretty humble guy! He was all about the music and didn't chit chat much. He let one of his band mates, Zach Gill (who also sings in a band called ALO - have to check them out sometime) perform. He played the accordion and I will say it was a highlight! For those of you who never thought the accordion could be a sexy instrument, I invite you to check him out on Youtube and click here. A favorite line from the song - "Turn out the lights . . . bring out the candles. Wrap your arms around . . . my love handles." Good rhyming right there!



Usana and some Jack fans



Some of my favorite gal pals - Lindsey, Christy, me and Heather



Rogue Wave



That is Jack Johnson by the piano

No comments: