Sunday, August 10, 2008

Boating, Olympics, and Twilight

Mom, dad, Jessie, and I went boating with Sorrell's on Saturday. It was so nice to get away. We went to Oneida Reservoir. It's so pretty up there. Maybe someday I'll get brave enough to float the Oneida Narrows. Mom and dad even got on the tube! Unfortunately, my camera was on shore so I was able to capture the momentous Kodak moment. Jessie tried valiantly to waterski. She got close to getting up! Next time, she'll be all over it. I went tubing. I didn't get bucked off the tube, but still managed to get wet by slipping off the back of the boat. I have a few battle wounds and a minor sunburn, but it was a lot of fun.


Jessie trying to be all tough


Big bad dad


Mom and Jessie


My sexy legs on the tube

_________________________________________________



Phelps after winning the men's relay - au contraire Frenchies!

I have been loving watching the Olympics. I just watched the US edge out the trash-talking French team for the gold medal in the men's relay. I am all alone in my room, but I did have to give a big holler for them. Even Dubya is getting in on the action in the huddle with the "Redeem Team." I absolutely love the Olympics. There are such stories of strength and triumph through challenges and such shows of sportsmanship and athleticism. I think the Olympic flame was lit for me when I volunteered in 2002 in Salt Lake. I look forward to watching more in the coming days.


_________________________________________________

On a final literary note, I was able to finish Breaking Dawn. Crazy Twilight series, can't put it down! I think Stephanie Meyer ended her series on a high note. I'm excited to see what the movies will bring. I did love the books. I won't lie. I dig vampires. ♥ Edward ♥



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an adventurous weekend! Sorry you fell off the back of the boat :(

As for the Olympics...you are right, they are wonderful. And as for twilight...you make me laugh!

signed,
Edward