
It's interesting that I'm grateful for being single, huh? I am, though. I used to agonize over not being married (still do sometimes). It doesn't help that I became an old maid by Utah standards several years ago! It's not uncommon for people I graduated from high school with to have up to 4 kids at this point in their lives. I want a husband and kids so don't get me wrong. I don't believe that single is the preferred state for most people. I decided a few years ago that there are a lot of benefits to being single and I need to be grateful for those and really enjoy each station of life as it comes. I don't have any illusions that marriage will be easy. In fact, I think it will be a lot of work. However, I would love to try it! Same thing goes for motherhood.
So for now, I'm grateful that I can come and go as I please, spend money how I want, and don't have to deal with someone else's laundry! I enjoy my independence and I'm grateful for it. When (and if) the time comes to be married and start a family, I will be grateful for that too. Perhaps I will even appreciate it more since I'm grateful for this time in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment