Thursday, November 13, 2008

Twofer!

So I missed a day of gratitude, but for good reason! I have been busy lately with two more things I'm grateful for, one because I've been deprived of it and the other because I have had it in abundance lately!


First, the deprivation . . . sleep. I'm grateful for sleep. I'm grateful for the opportunity to rest my body and mind with the prospect of a new day. I love going to sleep at the end of a productive day and reflecting on what I have accomplished. On an unproductive day, I'm grateful to go to sleep and know that I have a chance to make tomorrow better. Naps, especially on Sundays, are my favorite.

Now for the abundance! I'm grateful for the opportunities to be a good friend. I already talked about how I'm grateful for the friends who are good friends to me and I truly am. These past few days, I feel like I have had a small chance to pay them back a little bit. I'm not glad that my friends have been in the situations they have been in and that they've been struggling, but I'm grateful that I was able to help even if it was just a little bit. I took an IQ test this morning to help Jen . . . if letting your friend make you feel dumb isn't service, I don't know what is! Does anybody know what an anchor and a fence have in common? I sure didn't! I hate not having the answer. Anyway, I'm grateful for the opportunities to serve others because I know that I'm inevitably more blessed than they are for what little I am able to do for them.

No comments: