Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Change

I love this picture. It encapsulates what I mean: leaving behind that cocoon and reaching our potential. The quote below says : "Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."

No, this is not a repeat. I posted last time about being grateful for external changes. This post, I am grateful for internal changes, setting goals and changing into the person we have the potential to become. Like everybody else, there are so many things I would like to change about myself. There are things I'm happy with about myself too; don't get me wrong. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to improve. We make mistakes and heaven knows that I make my share. While there are consequences for our poor choices and some of those consequences are permanent or can be long-lasting, I'm thankful that we have the opportunity to choose better next time. One of my favorite quotes from Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

So for #11, I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to begin each day new and hopefully leave behind some absurdities and blunders from the day before. I'm grateful for the chance to improve and be a better Rachel.

No comments: