
I can't even begin to explain how proud I am for keeping up with my Thanksgiving resolution. Maybe this means my New Year's resolutions have a shot this year? We can hope.
I'm grateful for music. I am certainly not the most talented musician around, but I love to play the piano. There's something so relaxing for me to be able to sit down and pound out some chords or play some lilting melody. I love to sing. I give a killer concert in the car when I'm alone. Something about the acoustics in there make me sound awesome. Plus, it helps that my car's name is Diva.
There's something about music that speaks to me in ways that nothing else can. I always find songs with lyrics that are meaningful to me. It feels sometimes like someone else out there must really get me and my experiences because the songs can be that applicable. I've joked around for years that my theme song is "Take a Chance on Me" by Abba.
I love the hymns of the church despite my snafu a while back at the organ. The words of hymns have been answers to prayer and brought a lot of comfort to me in times of anguish. So there's #8.
No comments:
Post a Comment